San Diego County's increase of daily COVID-19 case rates means the state's most restrictive "purple" tier is in effect as of Saturday at 12:01am and will be in effect for at least three weeks.
California's purple tier restrictions force the closure of non-essential indoor business operations, including restaurants, gyms, and places of worship, limiting any activity or services to outdoors only. Schools not already open are not be able to open as long as the county is in the purple tier.
- Restaurants move to outdoor only
- Gyms move to outdoor only
- Retail indoors at 25% of capacity
- Indoor malls at 25% of capacity but common areas and food courts are closed
- Personal care services may stay open with modifications
- Movie theatres - outdoor only
- Places of worship - outdoor only
- Outdoor playgrounds open with modifications
- Zoos, aquariums and museums outdoor only
(Photo Getty Images)